036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Friday, April 23, 2010

Here we go..

CD = Cycle Day

CD1 commenced Saturday, April 3rd, while Bear and I were enjoying a lovely weekend getaway in Malibu and a Southern Cali Easter visit with family. We were all very excited to begin this cycle. As soon as we returned from the long weekend I blew the dust off the good ole fertility monitor and set my cycle day accordingly.

Over a week passed and I began testing for my ovulation daily. A few weeks later and we have come to CD16 on Sunday, April 18th. The night before I was having some strong LH lines on my ovulation sticks.



So when I woke up this morning, I was expecting this..



That little eggy symbol popped up on my fertility monitor signaling it was time! So I called the OB after hours line and scheduled an IUI appointment for the afternoon.



The procedure went well. After I was inseminated, the Dr lowered me in to a position so that my pelvis was tilted. This is to encourage the sperm to swim up to the fallopian tubes to meet the egg once it has released.



The next day (CD17) I got a mega LH surge on my ovulation sticks.



The fertility monitor also showed another eggy (but I think this is standard for the machine). So, I went in to the office for a second insemination. Same routine as last time, except the OB mentioned that the sperm may have been slightly compromised. In her words, it doesn't mean I won't get pregnant..the chances are just less than expected.

It isn't what we all wanted to hear but it's not a complete devastation. I know my body and if there is any chance of it happening, my "egg"scellent fertility should hopefully kick in.

No matter what the outcome, we are very optimistic. This will happen. If not this month then certainly next!

No comments:

Post a Comment