036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year Has Begun.

Another week has passed and another year is now behind us. we welcomed 2011 in our sleep this year. After spending the evening home with family.. playing wii, opening some belated Christmas gifts, and celebrating new years with the east coast, I fell asleep snuggled on Bear's chest while watching TV  around 10pm I was told to head upstairs and my sleepy little self was tucked in to bed. I'm sure shortly after there was a party in my belly though.

And with all of 2010 (and 34 weeks) behind us, here we are.. 35 weeks. And as promised, updated belly pictures.

Photobucket Photobucket
okay, technically this is us at 34 weeks 6 days.. but who's counting one itty bitty day?


Recently I have been fascinated with looking back at the evolution of this journey. So I decided to post a little comparison photo from McQueen's pregnancy at 35 weeks.

Photobucket
wow! hard to believe my belly was that big


I have to admit, I feel so much better this time around. as Papa would say.. I feel more chill.

Bear is determined to get me to pack my bags (like ASAP). I however, am dragging my feet in reluctance. Am I ready to meet this sweet little boy in person? Yes. Am I ready to see Daddy and Papa become daddies again and likewise see McQueen become a big brother? Heck yeah! Am I ready to have my body back and move on with future plans? Well, sure. Am I physically and mentally prepared to push a child out of my body? Hmm, not quite certain just yet.

Photobucket
this frontal view is so globular


Last time by this point I had read dozens of books, birth stories and articles on natural labor and delivery. I was determined to have McQueen without any pain medications. My dedication to this and the amazing support of Bear helped me achieve that dream. This time I want to be even more natural than I was before. I want my labor to be spontaneous without the aid of inductions like pitocin and having my water broken. I want to allow my body to do what it knows best. So, looks like I need to get my head in the game and get to reading (and preparing) again.

Photobucket Photobucket
sorry for the horrible photo quality.. can't seem to get my camera lighting right. 
and I swear my walls are beige not mustard colored!


I have very much enjoyed this pregnancy. Dare I say it has been the best one so far? It's exciting and also just a little sad to think it could be over in just a few short weeks. I guess what I am trying to say is my elation will be partially bittersweet.

I will be closing this chapter in my life and opening another.
I will be so happy to finally complete a dream of mine.. to complete a family.
I will be grateful for all that I have gained through the gift of surrogacy, friendship, love and so much more.
I will be reminiscent and I will be fulfilled.

1 comment:

  1. in a roundabout way, i've connected to you. james and vic have become dear sweet friends since my husband is the architect of their new home. i am fascinated, awed, and humbled by your altruistic journey. you amaze me.
    i love being pregnant and giving birth. three times now. my youngest is 6 months old, and was born at home like his sister.
    i am also a birth doula and serve women in labor and birth, bearing witness to their incredible transformation.
    it brings tears of joy and bittersweetness to my eyes to read of your journey. you are brave, bold, and precious.
    you powerful woman, you can DO IT! you can totally give birth naturally again, surrendering your body to this baby's birth. i stand with you, virtually, knowing that you are strong and resilient.
    sending you love...from a stranger and yet, a mother, a woman, like you.
    peace.

    ReplyDelete