036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Birth of Buzz | Intensity

many reflections and re-written drafts have delayed the telling of this story. i will eventually touch on the basis of my reluctance and inability to post sooner. but that is a tale for another time. right now i want to pull the thread from the delicate stitch so that i can finally unravel and reveal.

this is the story of how we ended up from this..

Photobucket
my last pregnant photo


..to this, in the very same day.

Photobucket


the day started off with a beautiful morning. stormi and i took a nice walk to the coffee bean for some treats. the day before we had made plans to go to the zoo and for some reason we just didn't get around to it that day.

We lazed about the house while the guys were out. I was having steady contractions for hours, but I didn't want to get excited in the fear that they would fizzle out.

Photobucket Photobucket
37 weeks 4 days


By the time Papa and Daddy returned, the length and intensity of the contractions had grown stronger and more consistent.

Breathing through the climax of a wave, Papa asked me what the plan was. I looked over at him with a perplexed expression and asked what he meant. I knew exactly what he meant actually, I just didn't want to admit to myself that this could actually be it.

He asked me how I was feeling about the contractions and if I thought we should start heading to the hospital since they had remained steady for hours. I shrugged it off saying that I thought they were good ones but definitely not time to go anywhere just yet.

We made plans for his sister to come stay the night so someone would be here with McQueen in the event we needed to go to the hospital. I started to get a little stir crazy, I wanted to take a walk outside but something made me feel like I shouldn't. so I told Papa that it might not be a bad idea for his sister to come over a little earlier than we had planned.

I tried walking around the house but found myself getting more anxious. So I sat on the couch with my feet up breathing and concentrating, while Bear timed each surge that flowed through me.

It was so hard to find focal points in the house. Bear put on the national geographic channel which had a series of aquamarine life. It was very soothing to watch schools of fish, dolphins and whales swim through water. At one point there were waves tumbling and crashing on the screen. I almost laughed out loud because the ocean-wave visual is something natural childbirth educators suggest using during labor.

Photobucket


McQueen was playing in the living room with his toys and came over to me to say hello. I can't remember who, but someone started to take him away thinking it would bother me during a contraction. I quickly told them not to.. watching him made me smile and that helped me through it.

Photobucket
I'm pretty sure Buzz knew his big brother was out there waiting for him.


My laughter seemed to lighten my body and prevent my muscles from tensing up. I made a mental note of this comfort and continued to relax my shoulders and hips during more waves.

A little while later I was sitting on the couch next to Bear with my legs across her lap. We were talking and i suddenly felt a hard pop low in my belly. I would describe the feeling like a rubber band snapping inside me. my eyes grew wide and I asked, "what was that"?! She asked me what I meant and I quickly stood up to see if it was my bag of water. I didn't feel anything so I went to the bathroom.

When I sat on the toilet I expected a gush. When nothing happened I started to wonder what exactly that feeling was, I had never felt anything like that before. Within minutes I experienced the strongest rush so far that day. Still sitting on the toilet, my stomach tightened with such intensity, I felt as if I couldn't move an inch. I looked up frantically trying to find a light or something to stare at..

[more to come]

No comments:

Post a Comment