036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Thursday, May 6, 2010

In time..

April was not the month for us. We were pretty sure it wasn’t going to work based on the information the OB gave us about the compromised condition of the sperm sample. But we were still hoping for a miracle.

CD 1 came on a Saturday again, when I was running a 5k for breast cancer. Figures right? Oh well.. it is what I expected since all my tests were a glaring negative. I have always believed in that famous phrase “everything happens for a reason”. Although it’s hard to understand what that reason is at a time like this, I have to trust that it is a good reason.

Life cannot always be perfect. I have certainly learned that a time or two. At one time, I had a wonderful friend who gave me a bracelet engraved with the phrase “the journey is the reward”. I have always treasured it for its meaning and for the reasons behind its original purpose. But even now.. years later, I find myself repeating those words. And they still hold to be just as true.

My journeys are always rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment