036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Wait

We are waiting now. Waiting to find out if an IUI we did recently worked. Waiting to find out if we are pregnant. Many call this waiting period the two week wait (2WW). It’s technically not a full two weeks, at least not for me. If I am pregnant, I should know by this weekend. I will either have a positive pregnancy test, or we will start with CD1 again.

I am pleasantly content right now. I don’t feel an urgency to test. At this point it would be a waste of resources anyways. I try not to over analyze every possible symptom. I just hope I can continue this serenity throughout the week.

Let’s rewind a bit, since I have neglected to update in a while..

Two weekends ago we were in Their desert. Bear and I were celebrating our 1 year engagement anniversary. So, we decided to book concert tickets in a town nearby so that we could visit the guys as well. We left Friday morning. The drive was beautiful and we arrived in time to visit with Daddy for a little before McQueen woke up from his afternoon nap. I hadn’t seen them since they came to our desert to visit us in February. So you can imagine how excited I was.

Daddy and Papa had something they had to take care of so Bear and I were left to spend some time with McQueen. I would never refer to this as babysitting. To me this is my extended family and spending time with any family or friend’s child is a privilege. I was smitten. I got to hold, feed, play and snuggle with him.



When the guys returned home we went out to dinner at my favorite Mediterranean spots, Pita Jungle. It was delicious! I wish we had one in our desert. After dinner we stopped at Trader Joe’s and picked out a ridiculous amount of goodies. With our bag full-o-treats in tow we told the cashier not to judge us and went back to the guys house to watch a movie we rented.

The next morning I woke up and thought I heard a little one awake. So I brushed my teeth and sneaked in to see the little cutie. He was wide awake grabbing his feet and smiling wide, which in turn made my heart smile as well. I quietly changed his diaper and we crept in to the living room to hang out while everyone slept. I forgot how fun and happy babies are in the early morning hours.



Before heading to Tucson for the concert, our day consisted of running errands, eating lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and then a quick swim in the pool.





Before I knew it the weekend was practically over. We had a fabulous time at the concert and didn’t make it back until late night/early morning.

As typically inconvenient as my cycles have always been, this one was proving to be the same. We would have loved to sleep in on Sunday morning, spend more time with the guys and then leave in the afternoon. But my Fertility Monitor and LH sticks were signaling it was time.




So we said our goodbye’s and made our way back to our desert.



The trip back was just as beautiful. We made excellent time, getting to the OB’s office early, where our sample was waiting for us. I looked at the swimmers in the microscope, just as I did when we did the IUI that gave us McQueen. The OB said this sample was a lot better than the previous month’s. So, we said some encouraging words and thought positive thoughts.

I have a good feeling about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment