036 photo 036-2_zps206935e5.jpg

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Unmistakable

Yesterday we were 9dpo (days past ovulation). Last time this was the day I had a faint line on a pregnancy test, but it was too early for a positive on a digital test. This time I thought for sure it would be negative this early as last time we started out with twins and I didn’t want to set any false expectations.

I wanted to wait until Thursday, but someone (ahem Papa) was very insistent on testing early. So, when I got home from work on Wednesday, I decided I would test. Earlier I predicted that I would get an extremely faint line, only to be seen after dismantling my test and squinting hard at that little strip in very bright lighting.

But.. I felt a little "fancy" so I decided to test with the First Response and the Clear Blue Easy Digital. After all, I had some digital tests to waste. Usually the digital test displays an hour glass for a few minutes before giving the 'not pregnant' or 'pregnant' text. So, I was quite surprised when 30 seconds into (nonchalantly) watching that hour glass spin, it displayed this.











Wow! I was shocked and elated. I quickly told Papa, because Daddy wasn't home yet, and I wanted him to be surprised when he got home. I suggested to him that he should have McQueen hold a sign saying he was going to be a big brother. He liked the idea and decided to be extremely creative with it.

This is how Daddy found out he was going to be a Daddy X2.



And we are all so very excited to make him a big brother!

2 comments:

  1. YIPEE!!! YAHOO!!! YAY!!! I'm so VERY HAPPY for ALL of you!!!! That is such great news Christy!!! I can't wait to follow this journey to making Daxton a big brother!!! :o)

    XOXO -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete